Fitness Center closures
The basketball court will be closed April 26 to 30 in support of the IMCOM-Europe TOPPER Awards. Other services affected:
- The Quench Bench will close April 28 at 1 p.m. and will remain closed through April 30.
- April 29, the entrance to the facilities through the front entrance only will be closed.
- Weight/Cardio/FFT areas will be open from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Running Track will be open from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Main floor: CLOSED
- Juice bar: CLOSED
- Locker Rooms/Showers/Saunas: CLOSED
All areas with the exception of the Quench Bench and basketball courts will resume normal hours April 30.
The regular operating hours are Monday through Friday from 5 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.; Saturday, Sunday and Federal holidays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information go to https://wiesbaden.armymwr.com/europe/wiesbaden/programs/clay-kaserne-fitness-center
Fitness Center Annex closing on weekends
After April 23, the Fitness Center Annex at the Tony Bass Bldg. 1043 will no longer be open on the weekends. The Fitness Center Annex will continue to be open Monday through Friday from 5 to 9 a.m.; 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and 4:30 to 8 p.m. For more information go to https://wiesbaden.armymwr.com/europe/wiesbaden/programs/clay-kaserne-fitness-center
Hainerberg laundromat temporarily closed April 27
The AAFES Laundromat on Hainerberg will be temporarily closed Thur. April 27 so maintenance can be conducted on the water heater. AAFES regrets any inconvenience.
Heerstrasse closed to through traffic starting May 1
Heerstrasse at the intersection of Weberstrasse, also known as the ring road, will be closed to through traffic starting May 1. Heerstrasse is best known as the road in front of the Bldg. 1502 Child Development Center on Clay Kaserne. Bollards will be placed at the end of Heerstrasse at the west end of the road, effectively making Heerstrasse a dead-end road. This action is being taken to address ongoing safety concerns and is based on assessments conducted by the Directorate of Emergency Services and Directorate of Public Works.
Residents on Heerstrasse and other drivers needing access to the Child Development Center may still access the road from the intersection at the east end. The traffic change will not affect pedestrian or bicycle access.
VAT Satellite office on Hainerberg closing May 6
The VAT Satellite Office located in the Wiesbaden Entertainment Center will close May 6 (the final day of operations). The VAT/UTAP Office on Clay Kaserne will continue to be available for all of your tax relief needs. That office, located in Building 1023E, is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (closed on Saturdays, Sundays and federal holidays).
Traffic alert for A 671 due to damaged Hochheimer bridge
Drivers are advised to avoid the A 671 on their return trip from Mainz or the Kaiserslautern area. Traffic on A 671 has been reduced to one lane until further notice due to damage to the Hochheimer bridge. To read more about this go here: http://www.herald-union.com/traffic-alert-for-a-671-due-to-damaged-hochheimer-bridge/
Vehicle and TMP Services relocated
The Vehicle Processing Center (POV in/out bound shipping) and the TMP Office have relocated to a new facility on Mainz Kastel Station Bldg. 4013, which is the first building on the left-hand side after entering Mainz Kastel Station. (Ludwig-Wolker-straße 10, 55252 Mainz-Kastel). The TMP phone numbers remain the same, (0611) 143-548-1800/7840.
The POV Inspection station will remain on Mainz Kastel Housing until mid-April. Further information on this move will be made available closer to the move date.
Post shuttle schedule
Until further notice, the post shuttle bus service will operate on a reduced schedule. A print-friendly version can be downloaded here: www.herald-union. com/reduction-of-shuttle-bus-service/.
Wiesbaden Army Health Clinic training closures
WAHC is closed in the morning every third Thursday of the month for scheduled staff training. On USAREUR training holidays, the clinic is open from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for acute appointments only. A complete schedule can be found at http://www.herald-union.com/wiesbaden-army-health-clinic-training-closures/.
The U.S. Army Europe holiday training calendar is published by G3 Operations, Central Taskings Branch and is subject to change. http://www.eur.army.mil/training/ Be sure to click F5 to refresh to ensure you are viewing the most recent version.
SHIP store hours
The operating hours of the Self-Help Improvement Program or SHIP store located at Bldg. 7802 on Hainerberg will be Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to noon and 12:45 to 3:30 p.m. The store is closed Saturday, Sunday, U.S. and German federal holidays. Contact (0611) 143-548-4412.
There are a wide variety of services offered by community members with home-based businesses. Check to make certain the company you are doing business with is a registered home-based business with the U.S. Army Garrison Wiesbaden. The current list can be found at www.herald-union.com/usag-wiesbaden-approved-home-based-businesses/
Closures for the May German Holidays
May 1 (May Day) and May 25 (Ascension Day) are host-nation holidays. The following on-post services or facilities will be closed or have limited hours of operation due to reduced staff on the host nation holiday. The Ascension Day holiday will also affect some on-post services on May 26. Please see the list below and call ahead before heading out.
**Customers are advised to plan accordingly as some of these facilities may be closed May 25 to 29 due to the combination of the German Ascension Day holiday, May 25, and the Memorial Day holiday May 29.
Directorate of Public Works services closed May 1, 25 and 26
- On and Off-Post Housing Office
- Furniture Management Office at McCully Barracks
- Service Order Desk (548-HELP)
- Self-Help: Home Improvement Store (S.H.I.P.)
Logistical Readiness Center services closed May 1, 25 and 26
- Drivers training and testing services
- Transportation motor pool (Reminder: The TMP Office is now located at Mainz Kastel Station Bldg. 4013; Ludwig-Wolker-straße 10, 55252 Mainz-Kastel)
- Installation property book office
- Central Issue Facility
- Personal property processing office
- POV inspection service (Reminder: The POV inspection is still located at Mainz Kastel Housing)
- Official Travel Office
Directorate of Emergency Services
- Vehicle Registration (closed on May 1, 25 and 26)
(As a reminder, vehicle registration is now located on Mainz Kastel Station Bldg. 4013; Ludwig-Wolker-straße 10, 55252 Mainz-Kastel. The facility is closed Federal and German holidays and the last duty day of every month.)
Various other services closed only on May 1 and 25
- Vehicle Processing Center (POV in/out bound shipping) (Reminder: The POV in and out bound shipping office is now located at Mainz Kastel Station Bldg. 4013; Ludwig-Wolker-straße 10, 55252 Mainz-Kastel)
- Community Bank
- Leisure Travel Office (SATO)
Tips for Host-Nation Holidays:
- Strong Europe Café on Clay Kaserne may have special/limited menus hours of operation check www.facebook.com/strongeuropecafe for updates.
- AAFES Concessionaires operated by local nationals will be closed on German Holidays. These shops or services are generally located in the Hainerberg Mall and various other locations.
- Stores off-post will be closed on German Holidays observed in the State of Hessen (Wiesbaden). Gas stations on major roadways will likely be open for part of the day. Be advised, German holiday observances will vary from state-to-state.
- Stores in Wiesbaden are regularly closed on Sundays. Sunday shopping opportunities or Verkaufsoffene Sonntage are offered throughout the year. A monthly schedule for 2017 Sunday shopping opportunities throughout the state of Hessen is available at http://www.verkaufsoffene-sonntage.com/bundesland/hessen/
Commissary open Memorial Day, May 29
The Commissary will be open on Memorial Day, May 29 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.