A press release of the city of Wiesbaden confirms that members of the U.S. Armed Forces stationed in Wiesbaden are eligible to receive the free COVID-19 quick-tests starting Monday, Mar. 15.
The German Federal Government had announced in their summit on Mar. 3 that free COVID-19 quick-tests were to be made available to German residents once a week. The city of Wiesbaden stated in a press release from Mar. 12 that the tests will be available in several tests centers and other locations throughout the city starting Monday, Mar. 15.
In the press release, the city explains that every citizen with residence in the Federal Republic of Germany is entitled to at least one quick-test per week. “This right also applies to persons of foreign nationality, even if they are only temporarily living here. For Wiesbaden, this also applies to members of the American Armed Forces,” the release stated. The costs for the tests are paid by the German Federal Government.
Head of the Citizen’s Department of the Lord Mayor’s Office of Wiesbaden, Carl-Michael Baum, advises that members of the U.S. Armed Forces should present a form of identification and their SOFA card when requesting the test, but only if asked.
However, the release also reminds that if a quick-test result is positive, it is mandatory that the tested person takes a PCR test as soon as possible and goes into quarantine until the receipt of the PCR test result.
Quick-tests can be taken in one of the following Wiesbaden test centers:
- ASB-Gelände on Bierstadter Straße 49, 65189 Wiesbaden. PCR tests available as well
- DRK-Gelände on Flachstraße 6, 65197 Wiesbaden
- Vita1medical, Kellerskopfhalle Naurod on Laurentiusstraße 40, 65207 Wiesbaden
- Vita1medical, Bürgerhaus Erbenheim at Am Bürgerhaus, 65205 Wiesbaden
- CoviMedical Gmbh at Alte Schmelze 16, 65201 Wiesbaden
- CoviMedical Gmbh at Ortsverwaltung Sonnenberg on Kreuzbergstraße 6, 65193 Wiesbaden
- Johanniter+Maltester on Biebricher Straße 18, 65203 Wiesbaden enter via Dyckerhoffstrasse. PCR tests available as well. Opens on Mar. 16
- Safemeditec GmbH at Kulturzentrum Schlachthof Wiesbaden on Murnaustraße 1, 65189 Wiesbaden
- Trobasept Healthcare GmbH at the RMCC on Rheinstraße, 65189 Wiesbaden. PCR test available as well
- Trobasept Healthcare GmbH at Globus Nordenstadt on Ostring 2, 65205 Wiesbaden
- Kassenärztliche Vereinigung Hessen at the Kallebad on Wörther-See-Straße 14, 65187 Wiesbaden. PCR test available as well (different opening times than the other test centers)
General opening times for the test centers are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on weekends. However, times can vary per location.
According to the city, established physicians, dentists, medical or dental institutions, medical laboratories and pharmacies in the state capital Wiesbaden are generally able to carry out quick-tests as well. However, it is up to the practices and institutions to decide how they make use of it.