Christmas Day, Dec. 25, and New Year’s Day, Jan. 1, are German and U.S. federal holidays. Dec. 26 is a German and training holiday. Community members should expect widespread closures on post and off. This is not a complete list. Call before you go.
- The Commissary will be closed Dec. 25 and Jan. 1; it will close at 4 p.m. Dec. 24
- The post office will close at 2 p.m. Dec. 22. It will be closed Dec. 25 and Jan. 1. The finance portion (mailing out) will be closed Dec. 26
- The vehicle registration office will be closed from 10:30 a.m. Dec. 22 to 7:30 a.m. Jan. 2. Customers who need services during this time can go to Sembach. Information for Sembach can be found at: http://www.eur.army.mil/rmv/Office_Locations/default.htm.
- The Army Education Center will be closed Dec. 25 to 29 and Jan. 1 and Jan. 2
- Clay North access will be closed at 10 p.m., Dec. 24 until 6 a.m., Dec. 26 and again on Dec. 31 from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. Jan. 2. In case of emergency access, contact the USAG Wiesbaden Military Police Station at (0611)143-548-7778.
- MWR facility hours can be found here: https://wiesbaden.armymwr.com/promos/family-and-mwr-holiday-hours-operation
- The shuttle bus will not operate Dec. 25, 26 and Jan. 1.
- The Deutsche Kantine will be closed Dec. 18 to Jan. 1.
Community members should be aware of the following federal, training and host nation holidays, which may affect garrison front-door services. Most German businesses will be closed on Germany holidays.
Dec. 18 to 22 – Half day schedule for active duty*
Dec. 25 – Christmas, U.S. holiday and German holiday
Dec. 26 – German and training holiday for active duty*
Dec. 27-29 – Half day schedule for active duty
Jan. 1 – New Year’s Day U.S. and German holiday
Jan. 2 – Training holiday
Jan. 12 – Training holiday
Jan. 15 – Martin Luther King Day
See the U.S. Army Europe training holiday calendar for more dates: http://www.eur.army.mil/Training/USAREURTrainingHolidaySchedule-FY2018.pdf.
*Soldiers should confirm with their local chain of command whether they have a federal or training holiday off. They are not guaranteed.
Post office holiday hours
Through Jan. 6
Monday to Friday
Finance (mailing packages) – 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday
Package pickup – 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday to Friday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday
Hours for the Community Mail Room, Official Mail and In/Out Processing will remain the same.